Register today for a chance to win a
By registering on this site you agree to abide by the rules and terms and conditions of this website.
terms and conditions
- 1. Registration
- I. By Registering you are signing up to receive news and updates on the ongoing project that is Overstep, as well as to gain access to the various areas of the site and to partake in the game.
- II. You acknowledge that the service Overstep, offered by Gamecan is free and by signing up, allow us 'the creators' the use of your email address and name so that we may contact you in the future with offers and news regarding the game. If you wish to revoke our ability to do this, please contact us, however in doing so you will also be excluding yourself from the game.
- III. These terms and conditions govern your use of this website; by using this website, you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use this website.
- 2. Overstep Project and Microsoft
- I. OverStep is a Choose to Pay (Free to play) Multiplayer Only First Person Shooter where the gameplay dynamics change as abruptly and as unexpectedly as the climate itself, forcing the player to adapt or be scrapped. OverStep will be free to download and can be played without spending any money at all, however players will also be given the choice to buy certain in-game cosmetic products to change the visual appearance of their Plodders and weapons, or obtain certain items faster. These purchases will not impact gameplay and once players reach the maximum level in the game, they will all be on equal footing and can compete for leaderboard rank. Patient and determined players can obtain every single item in the game without spending any money (this will be even faster on the Xbox One version of the game). Overstep will never become a pay-to-win game.
- II. Overstep aims to offer a next generation First Person Shooter experience with innovative gameplay mechanics and elements, for free. If you think you can help us accomplish this, by linking your site with ours, giving suggestions or guidance or in any other way, please contact us through our Contact Form.
- III. Overstep is being created with the help of Microsoft's ID@Xbox program.
- IV. The development of the game is ongoing and the first estimated release date is in the end of Q3, 2015. We hope that you enjoy the game when it comes however we do ask you to be patient. With the whole team being volunteers and not working on Overstep full-time, Overstep might be first released with minimal diverse content, and more maps, weapons, etc added in time after first release.
- 3. Security and Rules
- I. You must not use this website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software. You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to this website without the Owners express written consent.
- II. You must not use this website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.